Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Kiss New York Pure Fiber Mascara Review

Yayy my first review! Haha. So today I will be reviewing the Kiss New York Pure Fiber Mascara.

KNYPF Mascara 01

Its Claims:

What it is: A big, fuzzy brush mascara with fibers that cling to your lash hairs to create the appearance of a great new set of luxurious, lush lashes.

What it does: Combines a fiber rich formula which meshes with your lashes adding a layer of high pigmented color and lash textured fibers which multiples the length and volume of your natural lash hairs.

What else you should know: This hypoallergenic formula won’t clump or flake and creates a flagrantly bold, lavish lash line that lasts all day without touchup.

The Review:

Pros:
- Lengthened my lashes
- Easy to build up
- Easy removal
- Didn’t really flake
- No basecoat needed

Cons:
- No volume whatsoever
- Clumps, which could be good or bad for some people.
- Brush is indeed massive, so you might get it on your skin easily
- Not waterproof, so if you sweat, cry, or make contact with water, it will run.
- Doesn’t hold a curl, so unless you have long lashes, you’ll probably end up re-curling afterwards.
- Only comes in True Black… which for most.. is a good thing xD

The background story to my discovering this product was that I was in a beauty store, and this caught my eye. I mean.. the bottle is gold for goodness sake! And it was really cheap, it was 3-4 dollars, I can’t remember. But I have a tendency to buy mascaras because.. well.. my eyelashes are puny.. xD And I pretty much fall under the spell of the mascara when they use the words, “length” “volume” “multiply” or “extension.” You get the idea. They use fibers that attach to your lashes to make them look longer. Blah Blah Blah.. All self explanatory.

So! This is my eye without anything.

KNYPF Mascara 02

This is my eyelashes after they’ve been curled.

KNYPF Mascara 03

Now this is after I applied the mascara. You can see that there is definite length. It’s already started to clump because I did a few coats, but it’s okay.. for now.

KNYPF Mascara 04

This is after I waited for it to dry and applied another coat. For the record, I didn’t do one coat, I did a few. You begin to see some thickness. There’s a lot more clumping now and since the fibers make my lashes uncurl, I re-curled them.

KNYPF Mascara 05

And this is the transition!

KNYPF Mascara 06

Would I buy this mascara again? It’s mixed feelings. I probably would because it definitely lengthened my lashes. Whoot! And it was really cheap haha. My only real reason I wouldn’t get it is because it isn’t waterproof, but I’m sure if you put a coat of waterproof mascara over it, it would be fine. There’s also the problem with the volume, but I put coat of Maybelline’s Volum’ Express as a base coat. So if you generally put a layer of volumizing mascara as a base coat, you should be good :] Clumpiness? Well.. there’s nothing you can really do about that.. You can try to use a mascara like CoverGirl’s Lash Blast, (which is a great mascara if you hate clumps) over it. But.. I haven’t tried that yet and I gave it back to my mom when I went back home.. @____@ So.. haha I won’t know. But feel free to experiment! So, yes I’d probably buy this mascara again. :]

KNYPF Mascara 08

I hope you all enjoyed this review! Take care!

From,

Kawaii Riceball

0 comments:

Post a Comment