Thursday, September 30, 2010

Miku Hatsune



Name: Miku Hatsune/初音ミク
Appearance: Vocaloid 2
Variation: "Magnet"
Height: 5'3"
Description: The first product in the Vocaloid2 Vocal Series. It is considered as the most popular and well known Vocaloid. The name of the title and the character of the software was chosen by combining Hatsu (初, first), Ne (音, sound), and Miku (未来, future) thus meaning "the first sound from the future."

Worn at: Northern NJ Cosplay Picnic 2010, Tokyo Fashion Festa Part 2: Cosplay

Why I chose this costume: 
This one is an interesting story as well. My friend uploaded a picture of a pink wig for her Kururu from Air Gear cosplay and I told her it reminded me of Luka Megurine from Vocaloid. Somewhere in the conversation I suggested doing a Vocaloid group cosplay, and we ended up choosing the song "Magnet," because the outfits were the easiest. I was originally unsure if I should be Miku or Rin, but then I ended up choosing Miku so my friend and I could cosplay together. 

Mechanics of the outfit: 
I already had a black dress, so I used that as a base. For the waistband, I took a piece of white cotton (I want to say) bought some black floral lace. Then I realized that I was supposed to buy white floral lace.. But I had already asked the worker there to cut the fabric so I had to work with it. I sewed the black lace onto the cotton to create a waistband. I had originally pinned it, but I realized (since I made the waistband for my Luka) that the waistband would droop, so I'm going to lightly bast it on the dress (since neither of us want it to be permanent).

The hardest part was the headphones. I used this Youtube video tutorial as a guide. I'm going to post an actual tutorial for this later on. The contact lenses are Dolly Blue.

For the wig, I originally wanted to put pigtails in the wig, but I realized I couldn't make high pigtails without stubbing it. I also realized there's another costume I could use this wig with that I wanted to do, so I didn't want to end up chopping off the hair. I didn't buy one with pigtails because I didn't want to spend that much money to use on one cosplay, and there aren't many costumes with just short blue hair. So I just left the hair the way it was. More information on the wig can be seen here.

Personal Feelings:
I had fun with this costume. I don't think I'll do Vocaloid for a while though haha. It's very popular right now, and I tend not to pick costumes that are super popular because then everyone else is cosplaying them as well. There aren't too many Vocaloid ones that I actually want to do. The only outfits that I really love is from "Sandplay: Singing of the Dragon." For more images, check out my deviantArt!


The images are copyrighted to their respective owners.  © TheBigTog, Carroll Kong, and Andrew Baka

ReVamp (3/4/11)
I don't know why I said in my earlier post that I don't think I'd ever cosplay Vocaloid again. After listening to more songs.. I would definitely cosplay Vocaloid again! Anyways, here is the revamped version. Almost everything was revamped.

The wig was borrowed from my friend, Kitsy Dolly. The hat and headphones remained the same. New dress, same shoes, and the gloves and stockings were borrowed. The images are the same as the ones from my other post from Tokyo Fashion Festa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment