Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ebay Wig Review: cosplayanimewigs

My first year cosplaying and I needed a wig for my Kurama cosplay. This was my first time ordering a wig so I wasn't sure what to expect. I am very particular when it comes to details and colors. I wanted the perfect color for a Kurama wig and one that looked realistic, because his hair color is bright to begin with. I found one that I particularly liked.

Here's the reference image of Kurama. I picked this one because it's slightly darker than normal.

The wig I stumbled upon is from cosplayanimewigs.


I didn't mind that it was curly because it was heat resistant as well. I prefer them to be heat resistant anyways because you never know when you need to straighten it, or curl it again.

I had a positive experience with this seller. The wig I received was a lot curlier than in this picture.

The color is almost exactly like the one in the picture. I really love the quality of it as well. It's soft and feels like real human hair. They said it's "Natural Heat Resistant Fiber."

The shipping was fairly quickly as well. They shipped it on May 6th. I can't
remember the exact date I received it, but around the 14th, so it took about a week.

Rating: ★★★★☆/ 4.5 out of 5

Pros:
- Excellent quality
- Shipped quickly
- Wonderful color, matches image
- Heat resistant
- Feels soft, like actual human hair

Cons:
- No tracking number

Price: 32.99$ + free shipping = 32.99$
Item Location: Shanghai, China

Would I purchase from them again? Yes, I definitely would. I love the quality of wig and the way it looks.

If you wish to purchase this wig, search "Copper Red Hi-Temp Long Curly Wavy Cosplay Wig" in the eBay search bar, or look through cosplayanimewigs's profile page.

EDIT (2/14/2011): I get asked questions about this wig all the time. As far as I know, the eBay seller I bought it from doesn't sell it anymore. I sent them an e-mail asking if they sell it and I will update the reply! (You can find the same wig on their eBay, but the image is different, and the wig is a darker red.) If you searched the wig, you'll find another seller that uses the same image as the one I bought it from. (Even the same watermark..) I can't comment on the wig because I've never ordered from their store. Just make sure you check the name when you search it! The store I purchased from was "CosplayAnimeWigs." The store that has the same image is "CosplayAnimeWig."

EDIT (2/19/2011): I received a reply from the seller, and they said that there had been a listing error. The same wig can be purchased at the website! Located here. Click here for the wig link!

11 comments:

  1. Thank-you for that link & review! I'm working on a Kurama cosplay and this wig will be perfect! I found plently of wigs that would have been OK on my search, but I'd have to style the wig when it got here. This one I'd be happy to leave un-styled if it comes the way it looks in the picture.

    ^_^ A good rule of thumb for wigs is to look for HEAT-RESISTANT fibers. (For some odd reason, it's usually listed in all caps in ebay discriptions). Through my experiense those wigs are more durable and natural-feeling.

    Lovely picture with chibi-kurama plushie. ^^ And good luck on your Kurama cosplay! =3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Aura-chanNo problem! I am glad that you found this helpful! ^^ I know what you mean! I am very particular when it comes to wigs haha. Sometimes it's the wig that can make or break a cosplay!

    This one arrived a lot curlier like the one of my wearing it, but straightening it a bit will do it ^^ Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought one today from their ebay, so I'm guessing they still sell o: Out of curiousity if i live in canada when do you think the product will arrive at my house if i ordered today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous Ah that's good that they're still selling on their ebay ^^ Hmm. Not sure how the airmail works, but they were pretty quick with shipping when I ordered from them, so it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks I'd imagine. But if your country does customs and things like that it may take a few extra days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hm okay and there is no possible way of tracking it? :( because i need it before august 13th at the LATEST. D:

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous

    If you already ordered it, then no. if you didn't order it already, you can ask but you'd most likely have to pay an extra fee. but if you already ordered it, you should be able to receive it by then..

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you post a picture of the back of the wig (on your head) I would liek to see how thick it is :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for this review :) it has helped me decide to buy a wig from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made in China human hair full lace wigs , synthetic lace front wigs in stock and custom human hair or synthetic wigs for women online shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how realistic are these wigs for non fancy dress? is it obvious its a wig?

    ReplyDelete
  11. this helped me so much thank you

    ReplyDelete