Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! Resolutions?

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone! It feels like the more we move on in the future, the more things we lose. Well of course there are things we gain. There has to be balance in the world, right? When one door closes, another opens. Let’s close the door to our past and forget the tears, pain, hate, and regrets. Forgive and forget those who have wronged you. Never forget the good memories from our loved ones and open the door to the future. Brush aside petty arguments and hate and embrace the future. Open the door to new beginnings and a fresh start. Forget your troubles as the next day is a new day to start over.

Now that I’m done with my.. speech.. Does anyone do resolutions anymore? I always thought about doing them every year, but I never got around to actually doing them, or I’d forget. I want to make resolutions. Face it, I’m not getting any younger.. haha just kidding.. What I mean is. Life flies by so quickly. We always say things like live life to the fullest. How many people actually do it? Of course, sometimes there are circumstances that do not allow us to pursue what we want to. But, why live the rest of your life wondering ‘what if?’ I don’t want to look back one day when I’m too incapacitated to do anything about it and wonder why I didn’t do this or that. Who wants to live a life of regret? Of course there are things we do that we regret, but does that mean we should continue living life this way? No! We should continue each day.

For example, (actually this is going to turn into a rant,) but I’ve always wanted to have a blog. Nothing was stopping me. I’ve had.. I would say at least three separate blogs, not including livejournals and such. But none of them have ever lasted. No more of such behavior! The only things stopping me was I’d procrastinate or be lazy about it. Also, I’ve always wanted to be good/better at nail art, and sell my nail art. I’ve made several impressive sets for myself for several occasions.. but.. that’s as far as I got. There are a bunch others but.. I’m going to write a list of resolutions. We’ll see how far I get through them xD

1. Update my blog/Youtube/deviantArt more.
2. Work on my nail art.
3. Work on charms/jewelry.
4. Open an online store to sell such so I can earn money for said cosplays.
5. Umm.. get into art school.
6. Learn how to use photoshop.. the real way..
7. Master[/or close to it] Japanese
8. Learn to sew to make cosplays.
9. Learn how to play the guitar (kekeke) Actually that one’s kind of random..
10. Draw more.

These aren’t in any specific of importance or anything. They’re just in order of when I think of them.
Wahh which reminds me. I’m probably/hopefully (actually more of a most likely) going to be transfering to an art school. I don’t think Biology is really working for me. I thought about it, like I’d love to help animals, and save animals from oil spills and such.. But that’s as far as it goes. I feel like that’s kind of volunteer work. (Omg if it really is tell me where I can sign up :D ) At the same time, I feel like nail art and jewelry, those are more hobby-type. I could see myself doing it in the future, but probably not as a career. More like a side-job.. ish.. Umm.. During my senior year, I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I mean who really knows what they want to do nowadays? Unless you’re like my brother who has had his mind set since he was old enough to think haha.

I’ve always had a knack for art. I love art. But at first my parents said I couldn’t do art.. and then I guess they changed their minds later. I know it’s not going to be easy. Then again, nothing is really that simple. But I’m actually excited about picking my colleges for once. I have looked at 13 so far. I don’t want to go too far from home though. I’m going to stay on the east coast hahaa. There’s only one school that I REALLY want to get into.. -gasp- could it be.. my.. top school/choice? Whatever they call it. I never had one of those senior year. I was kind of .. well I didn’t really care. To be honest, my dad picked my colleges. I mean he does that to help.. but no.. I really didn’t care to the point that I applied for whatever colleges my dad picked. But this time, I’m in control. Of course, my mom is helping me because she works in the fashion.. industry? Is that the right word? Well she’s more skilled in that area. So she’s been helping me by suggesting a few schools/checking out the schools I picked and such.

One of the main.. things (perks?).. that I’m looking for in the colleges are the study abroad programs. Of course I’m not going to go to a horrible school if they have a great study abroad program! But I really want to study abroad in Japan. Wahh! I have really really wanted to for the longest time! >< And my main choice has a program where you can study art in Japan :D That’s a 2 for. I’m really excited actually.. and this has become an unusually long post. I congratulate anyone who manages or has the patience to read it all xD Why don’t I just do art at my current college you may ask? I have no idea.. Haha just kidding, my current school’s program doesn’t let me study abroad in Japan for art.

I’m still not 100% sure what I want to do though. But I’m most likely going to go for either Graphic Design or Fashion Design. But most of the high fashion districts are in Europe.. so.. meh.. I don’t know! hahaa and I’d have fun just knowing how to sew so I can make cosplay costumes or my own clothes.. hahaa. OH I can add that to my resolutions! Okay my list looks good/somewhat reasonable ^-^

If anyone knows of a good art school that has a good art program (& study abroad program) in the east coast area, please tell me! ^^ Again, I hope everyone had a happy holiday week/end! :]

0 comments:

Post a Comment